These raspberry smash muffins are a super popular recipe, straight from my F.I.T. program. They are filled with protein, making them super filling and a great morning or afternoon snack, that will also satisfy any sweet tooth. Because everything in the ingredient list is super healthy, you can even have them for breakfast on the run. They freeze really well, so you can make them in bulk, pop in the freezer and then you always have some healthy snacks on hand. Hope you enjoy.
1 3/4 cup of gluten free oat flour (see notes)
1/2 cup of gluten free oats
1/2 cup of flaxseed (linseed) meal
1 tbsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
60g (2.1 oz.) of natural protein powder, vanilla
Pinch pink Himalayan salt
3 large or 4 small very ripe bananas
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 cup of raspberries, mushed
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 tbsp. of melted extra virgin coconut oil
Stevia, to sweeten, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
2. Place the raspberries in a bowl and mush them using a fork. Set aside.
3. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Place the bananas, almond milk, vanilla and coconut oil into a blender and blend well.
5. Mix wet ingredients into dry until incorporated.
6. Pour dough into lined muffin cups. Bake muffins for about 30 minutes, or until the top springs back when you touch it.
7. Let the muffins cool down before serving.
NOTES: If you can’t find gluten free oat flour; place the oats in the blender and blitz until smooth. Alternatively, use buckwheat flour. If you are using frozen raspberries ensure you let them defrost slightly. Make sure you use VERY ripe bananas, as this will make the muffins sweeter.
You can also add in some raw cacao if you want to make the muffins a chocolate flavour.