What’s better than eating dessert? Eating a dessert, that’s so healthy you could even eat it for breakfast. This recipe is straight out of my F.I.T. program and is an all time favourite. It’s packed with protein which makes it perfect for a post recovery snack or meal and can help kick any sweet tooth craving to the curb. It also contains raw cacao which gives it a rich chocolatey taste with added antioxidants. Oh and nearly forgot to mention it takes two minutes to make. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
• 1 large egg
• 40g (1.4 oz.) protein powder (whey), plain or vanilla
• 50g (1.8 oz.) puréed pumpkin
• 1 tsp. raw cacao
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 3 drops stevia
• 1/2 cup (75g/2.6 oz.) fresh berries or fruit
1. Coat a cup with coconut oil. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl. Add the mixture to a ramekin or a teacup. Microwave on high for about a minute.
2. Take a look and microwave again if needed. Add extra toppings like berries or fruit.
NOTES: The pumpkin can be replaced with 1/2 banana for a slightly sweeter and higher carbohydrate option. If you use banana you will need to cook the pudding slightly longer.