I prefer to eat organic food as these foods are produced without using synthetic chemicals and toxins. By choosing to eat organic food, I reduce my exposure to these pesticides and other chemicals and toxins. Most people think that organic food means that they are completely chemical free. Whilst they are not, they still contain fewer chemicals than conventional foods. These toxins are terrible for you. They can mess up your endocrine system and metabolism, increasing your body fat percentage. They are also related to autoimmune diseases, cancer, MS and heart disease.
As you can see, when we get a build up of toxins in the body this can affect our overall health in many ways. And, if we give our bodies a chance to eliminate these toxins from our vital organs, we can experience better health. Clearing your body from these toxins will help you with
- Skin issues
- Digestive problems
- Immune system
- Fight inflammation in your body
- Fight fatigue
- Prevent chronic disease
- Weight loss
The “dirty dozen”
The “dirty dozen” refers to the vegetables, fruit and berries that are most susceptible to pesticide residue. The dirty dozen include:
- Capsicum (bell pepper)
By buying organic food, you will reduce your exposure to these toxins. However, you can also reduce your exposure to pesticide residue by taking these steps
- Buy organic (especially the dirty dozen)
- Wash and scrub your food under running water. This will help remove dirt, bacteria and surface pesticide residues. Make sure you also wash foods with inedible skins such as cantaloupe.
- Peel the skin from vegetables and fruit.
- Remove the fat and skin from poultry and meat (pesticide residues can collect in fat).
If you want to eliminate toxins from your body swap over to organic foods. I would also recommend for you to take a look at my Body RESET program. This program has been developed with particular foods that will help your body eliminate waste.
Try this smoothie
RESET OMB Smoothie
• 1 cup of water
• 1/4 cup of cubed mango
• 1 orange, peeled and cut
• 1/2 fresh banana
• 1/2 tbsp. of turmeric
• 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
• 1 scoop (30g/1.1 oz.) of vegan organic protein powder
1. Cut mango into 8-10 smaller cubes.
2. Cut and peel orange and tear into quarters.
3. Put half a fresh banana out of peel into the mix. (Freeze the other half for later use).
4. Add all ingredients (except protein powder) to a blender. It’s best to add the protein powder last so it doesn’t congeal on the bottom of the blender.
5. Blend for 60-90 seconds.
6. Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!