Every now and then I fancy something sweet and different for brekkie… Or even just a yummy treat to enjoy. When I first tried flour free banana pancakes I couldn’t believe they were made out of only 3 ingredients! They are delicious and packed full of nutrients, unlike normal pancakes that mostly contain processed white flour, these pancakes use banana, egg and a pinch of cinnamon.
Doesn’t sound possible right? You honestly have to try it to believe it. By simply mixing banana and egg together you have the perfect pancake batter that is completely gluten and dairy free, not to mention high in protein and naturally low in fat!
(The important ones)
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of baking soda (there are gluten free options available)
- Natural yogurt and fresh fruit or nuts to top with
- Mix the banana and egg together in a bowl until the mixture is mostly smooth with the consistency of batter.
- Add cinnamon for flavour and a pinch of baking soda for fluffier pancakes (neither of these are essential to the delicious end result!)
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat (optional -wipe surface with some oil or butter to help prevent sticking)
- Ladle a portion of the batter onto the frypan and cook for approximately 1 minute. The batter will be starting to cook around the edges, yet still be soft in the centre. Flip and then cook for a further minute, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold! I enjoy them just as is, or for breakfast I add a sprinkling of unsalted nuts, some fresh fruit and a spoonful of natural yogurt. Yummy!