Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that doesn’t get as much praise as it deserves. For example did you know that cauliflower has almost as much vitamin C as an orange, yet with very little sugar?
So today I thought I would share with you just one of the ways you can enjoy cauliflower in your diet. - If you haven’t tried this before then brace yourself, you are in for a treat! This completely rice free version of fried rice is so scrummy and versatile, I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes one of your favourites too!
Quick, easy, healthy and cheap, this delicious dish is bound to impress your friends.
and can be served just as it is, or as a complementary side to one of your favourite main’s.
- 1 large cauliflower, stalk removed and the then finely chopped or processed.
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
- Small piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced (you can opt for hot or mild)
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic clove finely minced
- 6 large snow peas, finely sliced
- Sprig of coriander, finely chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a wok, or large deep frying pan, over medium heat and add the chilli, garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add half the cauliflower and continue to stir for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining cauliflower and the coconut and cook for a further 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and slightly golden.
- Add snow peas and green onion, stirring for 2 minutes and then take off the heat.
- Serve with fresh coriander and enjoy!
This dish is very versatile, and once you have the basic ingredients down pat (the cauliflower and the coconut) you can really mix and match what flavours and veggies you want to add!
So have fun with this one and enjoy!