Looking for a protein rich recipe that is both delicious and quick to make? Well then this succulent stir-fry is definitely one for you to try!
Prawns are one of the most protein dense meats as well as being the lowest in fat and calories, making them an ideal protein staple. Couple these with the nutrient rich and protein filled snow peas and you have yourself the perfect muscle fuel.
- 500 gm. green prawns peeled and cleaned
- 125 gm. snow peas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into small inch long sticks
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 large lemon, zest peeled and then juiced
- 2 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. rock salt
- Heat half the olive oil in large non-stick wok over a medium heat. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes before adding snow peas and salt. Cook for no more than 1 minute, so that snow peas are still crisp (they will turn a lighter and brighter green). Transfer these to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat and add the prawns, spring onions, ginger, and chilli. Toss in wok for about 2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for a further minute before adding the soy sauce and lemon juice. Cook until prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Return the carrot and snow peas to the mix and stir through lemon zest whilst tossing over heat. Do this until it is all heated through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!