Every now and then I like to rustle up something a bit fancy to impress my dinner guests, and this one has recently proven to be quite popular. Kale is well known as a nutritional powerhouse. Packed full of antioxidants as well as a plethora of other nutrients, this fresh, colourful, yet simple salad will delight your taste buds whilst leaving your tongue tingling!
- 1 bag fresh baby kale leaves, washed
- 12 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 small red onion, ends removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Rock salt
- First prepare the dressing by combining the lemon juice, honey, garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard and salt in a bowl or dressing bottle and shake/stir until properly combined, then set aside so the flavours can settle.
- Then in a large salad bowl combine the kale, radish, red onion, hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then toss well before serving.
This salad complements chicken or fish, or it can be enjoyed simply as it is!