Soups are such fantastic dishes for the cooler months in the year. Not only because they leave you feeling warm and satisfied, but also because they are so simple to make and you can use practically anything in them!
Cauliflower works wonderfully in soup because it gives it that delicious creamy texture without having to add any dairy. This particular soup is vegan friendly and contains a combination of 4 fabulous vegetables that are packed full of nutrients and taste amazing together.
- 1 large cauliflower with leaves, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 2 large zucchinis, washed and cut into 6
- 1 large leek, thoroughly washed (remember to get all the grit out from inside) and cut into smaller pieces
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Rock salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- In a large non-stick pot, over medium heat, sauté the leek in with the olive oil for approximately 3 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and stir constantly for a further 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up high and add zucchini, stock, water, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Once it starts to boil turn the heat down low, cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then using a barmix (alternatively pouring into a food processor) blend until smooth in texture
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley.