If you love mushrooms, you are going to LOVE this recipe! These tasty, nutty treats are quite simple to make and are wonderful as either a snack, an appetizer or a side to your favourite main.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 14 baby Portobello/ button mushrooms - Washed and stalks removed
- 1/4 cup unsalted, walnuts crushed
- 1/4 cup kidney beans
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (vegan parmesan also works well)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180c. Rinse rice until the water runs clear and set aside
- Bring the stock to the boil in a small saucepan and add the rice and replace lid, turning the heat down to low. Cook for about 33-40 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Place ½ Tbsp. olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and lightly cook until it turns an almost transparent colour.
- Combine beans, parsley, garlic and salt in a blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until beans turn to mush.
- Combine cooked rice, crushed walnuts, bean mixture with parmesan and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large bowl.
- Prepare a shallow flat baking tray with baking paper and place mushrooms upside down, spray lightly with oil and then put back for 10 minutes, to allow them to soften and then remove from oven.
- Spoon even amounts of the mixture into to mushroom cups and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Enjoy them whilst they are still warm!