Grilling or BBQing is a fantastic way to create a delicious tasting meal. As long as you are not opting for fatty meats, it can also be a healthy way of cooking too!
This tamari and lime grilled chicken tastes amazing and will work with just about any salad you can think of!
I love to serve it with sliced coriander and lime segments to really enhance the flavours, Mmmm!
- 1 whole lean chicken breast, skin and bones removed
- 1 Small onion
- 1/2 cup salt reduced chicken broth
- 1 whole fresh lime, juiced
- A couple of sprigs of coriander roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. Curry powder
- Olive oil spray
- Combine the tamari, lime juice, garlic, ginger and curry powder in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Finely chop the onion and add it and the chicken to the sauce, folding the sauce over a few times to make sure the chicken is completely covered.
- Cover and let marinade outside of the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- Prepare the BBQ, or broiler, to a medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside.
- Strain the marinade into a medium saucepan and add broth. Heat over a high heat until the sauce thickens enough to cover the spoon. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Spray the chicken with olive oil and and BBQ or grill until cooked through. About 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to serving plate, spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with a lime segment and your favorite salad.