Smoked salmon is a great source of protein, plus it’s packed full of numerous other nutrients including vitamins B, D, magnesium and Omega 3 fatty acids… And it tastes amazing!
Okay, maybe smoked salmon isn’t to everyone's taste, but if you do like smoked salmon then you are going to LOVE these easy to prepare smoked salmon and asparagus rolls.
- 100gm sliced smoked salmon
- 1-2 bunch/s asparagus spears (approximately 16 spears)
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 spring onions, white ends only, sliced into long strips
- 2 sprigs of dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of rock salt
- Remove the bottom third of the asparagus, then bring a small pot of water to the boil, add the salt then cook the asparagus for 1 minute, or until they go bright green. They should be cooked through, yet still slightly crunchy. Once cooked remove from heat and run under cold water to stop further cooking.
- Add the ricotta, dill and lemon juice together in a small bowl and combine well.
- Prepare the salmon by separating into long strips. Cut them in halves or thirds if need be and try to match up the number of strips to the number of asparagus spears.
- Lay a piece of asparagus out on one end of each salmon strip, so that the ends poke over the edges, then place a few strips of the spring onion alongside it.
- Spoon some of the ricotta mixture along the length of the asparagus then roll it all up in the salmon.
- Use a toothpick to secure if need be, then place on a serving plate. It is as easy as that!