Fritters are a delicious filling treat for those cooler months and everyone has their own special way of making them. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and tastes scrummy! They can be eaten hot with a side salad or soup, or enjoyed cold as a snack, with some homemade dip on them!
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Rock salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle grated zucchini with salt and then place in a clean dishcloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine zucchini, eggs, shallots, almond meal, parmesan, parsley, lemon juice and some ground pepper in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add some of the coconut oil to a large flat non-stick pan and wait until it is hot, then add spoonful’s of the mixture, making sure they are not touching.
- Fry on each side until they are golden brown which should take 2-3 minutes.
- Place them on a plate with paper towels to soak up any grease and continue until the whole batch is made.
- Serve with some homemade relish or your favourite dip!