I am simply loving all these new creative recipes I am finding that use cauliflower instead of the usual main carb source such as wheat or rice. This paleo savoury pancake ends up being a little more like a frittata than thin pancakes, but it tastes AMAZING!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1/2 a large cauliflower, washed and then minced in a food processor until it has the consistency of breadcrumbs. It should come to approximately 2 cups.
- 2 eggs
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped. It should come to about ? a cup.
- 1 small onion finely minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. Rock salt
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and then add the cauliflower, stir for a few seconds then cover the saucepan and turn off the heat. Allow the cauliflower to steam for 10 minutes before draining using cheesecloth and really squeezing all the liquid out. (You might have to let it cool a little first so you don’t burn yourself!)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and then add the spring onions, onion and cauliflowers as well as the salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Tip in all of the mixture and spread it evenly around the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and repeat on the opposite side for about 3 minutes. (This can be a little tricky, so try using the plate flipping method where you remove the pan from the heat and place a plate upside down on the pancake. Press firmly with your hand as you turn the frypan upside down so the pancake comes out face up on the plate, then gently slide the pancake back into the pan so you can cook the other side.)
- The put on a serving plate and cut like a pizza. Enjoy whilst it is still hot!