Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables as well as being one of my favorites. It is packed full of phytonutrients and is low GI so it leaves you feeling satisfied for longer.
This scrummy dish is a little bit spicy and will warm your tummy in these cooler months!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken up into small florets of even size
- 1 cup of green beans, chopped in half
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional - leave the seeds in for an extra spicy kick!)
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Tamari sauce
- 2 tsp. Honey
- Roast the cashews either under the grill, in the oven or in a dry non-stick pan (Watch them so that they do not burn!)
- Heat coconut oil in a wok, or deep frypan, over medium heat and then add the cauliflower and continue to toss/stir for 5 minutes
- Add ginger and chilli and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add garlic, green beans, tamari, honey and mix well for a further 5 minutes
- Add the cashew nuts and toss so that everything is well combined
- Serve as a main dish or as a side, enjoy!