Working out with other people is a great way to help keep you motivated to move, as well as a fun and enjoyable way to be social! Boot camps are the perfect way to gather a group of your mates and workout whilst having fun in the fresh air.
So what are the key components you need?
- A group of friends to join you. This actually isn’t a prerequisite, but it will make it more fun and enjoyable, plus a little bit of healthy competition will help peak your motivation to push yourself harder!
- A large area to work out in. Ideally somewhere outside that is easy for you and your friends to get to, such as a local park or beach. This way you get the added benefit of fresh air and nice scenery. As long as no-one is paying to join you, then you should be fine setting your boot camp up in any public area with plenty of free space. Sometimes the weather won’t be great, so have a backup plan of a sheltered area so you can still have boot camp even when it is raining. You might have to adjust your workouts to suit an indoor space, but that challenge can be all part of the fun!
- A little equipment can help. If you or your friends have skipping ropes, kettlebells, dumbbells, or boxing gloves and pads, then these can all be incorporated into your boot camp workout routine. But don’t worry if you don’t you can still get just as good a workout using just your body and some open space!
- A leader attitude. It is always a good idea to have a leader for each boot camp session. This might be you each time, or perhaps you could take turns amongst your group! This will help you all develop your leadership skills as well as keeping your workout varied and interesting.
- Refreshments. It is always a good idea to make sure you all bring plenty of water so that you can all keep hydrated. - And why not make use of the time you and your friends are all together and have an outdoor picnic brunch once you are done?