I love finding recipes that can be enjoyed by everyone, and this gluten free vegan pate is so now up there with my favourites. It is rich in nutrients and tastes amazing with fresh veggie sticks and dried fruits.
- 12 button mushrooms (100 gm.)
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. Rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tsp. Brown sugar
- Small pinch cayenne pepper (adjust to suit your taste)
- Rock salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly and then slice into even slices. Heat olive oil over a medium heat in a wide saucepan and add the onions and garlic, stirring over heat for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the mushrooms soften. Then remove from the heat.
- Using a blender or food processor combine all the other ingredients (except the salt and pepper) and blend. Then add the mushroom mix and blend again until completely smooth. Taste test and add salt and pepper until you are happy with the flavour. At this stage you can add more lemon juice or tamari sauce until you are happy with the flavour.
- Scoop the pate into a bowl and press down using a spoon. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, or until firm, then serve with your favourite veggie sticks and some fresh and dried fruits. Yum!