Pineapple is incredibly high in vitamin C and a delicious base for salsa to give it that sweet and slightly tangy taste. This recipe is quick and easy to make, plus it looks amazing and tropical, and is bound to impress your guests!
- 1/2 a fresh pineapple, sliced lengthways
- 2 cups mixed capsicum (red, yellow, green, orange)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped finely (optional)
- Pinch of crushed rock salt
- Scoop out the pineapple, trying not to damage the shell as we are going to use this as the serving bowl. Remove the stem, or firm centre, and then chop into small pieces.
- Chop the mint and coriander together and then place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pineapple, capsicum, onion and chilli and mix until well combined.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and then add the salt. Mix once more then scoop salsa into the pineapple shell and serve.
This salsa is fantastic for dipping, or to complement your favorite BBQ foods! Enjoy!