I like to enjoy a good serving of protein and good fats for breakfast to help energise me and get me ready for my day ahead. This omelette is the perfect choice as it is so simple to make and tastes amazing! Serve it with a side of fresh tomato, avocado and rocket and you have the perfect start to the day!
- 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white (per person)
- 1/3 cup of diced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced feta
- 1 large green scallion
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- Pinch of rock salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp. Of the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chicken, cooking until cooked through then remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a medium - large non-stick frypan, heat the remaining oil then add the eggs, spreading the eggs out over the entire surface of the pan.
- Once the egg has started to cook on the bottom (but is still soft on top) add the chicken to one half of the egg. Try to avoid going all the way to the edges to make it easier when taking it out.
- Sprinkle the feta and scallions over the chicken then using a spatula, flip the other half of the egg up and over the mixture so it closes, like a taco.
- Let cook until you are happy the egg has cooked through then slide out onto a plate and serve with a side salad.