Fancy something delicious and warming, for a treat? - Perhaps you are looking for the ideal dessert to WOW your friends with? If so then this quick and easy choc, pear and hazelnut crumble might be just what your taste buds are craving! It is gluten and dairy free, contains no added sugar, yet is completely irresistible.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 50g 70% cocoa chocolate (check to make sure it’s dairy free!)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 6 ripe pears
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 200c or 180c depending on whether it is fan forced. Prepare 4 ramekins, or single serve crumble cups.
- Prepare the pears by peeling them, coring them and then slicing them into small pieces. If they don’t seem ripe/soft enough you can cover them and microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Place hazelnuts into a processor and blend them up until coarsely chopped. Remove ¼ of them and set aside. Continue to blend the remaining nuts until they are fine like bread crumbs.
- Transfer the fine nut flour to a large mixing bowl and add the course hazelnuts, almond meal, buckwheat flour, cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Place chocolate in the processor and press ‘pulse’ to blend into small chunks, then add to the rest of the crumble mix.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, or get your hands in there and mix it together until it forms a dry crumbly mix.
- Divide the pears amongst the 4 ramekins and then sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve with fresh fruit, natural yogurt or just enjoy as is!