I have read a few random blogs over the past few weeks of people experimenting using sweet potato as toast and thought, ‘I have to try this out!’ -The result? Well it is actually really delicious and so simple to make!
It took me a few tries to get it right, but when I did I was very impressed with the result
- 2 large (wide) sweet potatoes
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, rinsed and sliced in halves
- 3 Tbsp. Hummus
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Rock salt
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- Few sprigs of cilantro/coriander
- Few leaves of basil
- Peel and pit the avocado and mash it in a medium sized bowl.
- Add lemon juice, garlic and salt, mix well and set aside.
- Slice one sweet potato into ‘toast like’ slices, trying not to make them too thick!
- Place in toaster and toast 2-4 times (depending on how powerful your toaster is), I found it helped to take them out and turn them over each time before toasting again.
- Once cooked through, lay the ‘toast’ onto a place and spread the guacamole over the top.
- Decorate them with some tomatoes, coriander leaves and cracked pepper
- Prepare your sweet potato toast as above, and lay out onto a plate.
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on each piece then decorate with tomatoes, basil leaves and cracked pepper.