Ever get a chocolate craving? Well I have some good news for you; just because it looks and tastes delicious, doesn’t mean that it is bad for you! Chocolate (70% + cocoa) is rich with antioxidants, low in fat and high in manganese, magnesium copper and other nutrients including zinc, potassium, selenium and phosphorus.
So when I came across this scrummy recipe, I just had to share it with you! These choc coated banana bites are frozen so they can be stored for a couple of weeks in the freezer, - That’s if you can resist eating them all at once!
- 2 Bananas (choose two that are ripe, yet firm)
- 100gm dark, 70% chocolate
- Crushed nuts of your choosing (hazelnuts work well!)
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper; opt for a tray that is appropriate for the freezer.
- Slice your bananas into thick, even circles and then lay them out flat on the tray., and then freeze for ½ an hour, so they are quite firm.
- Stick a toothpick in the centre of each one so that you can use it to pick it up (not all the way through!)
- Lay crushed nuts in a small bowl.
- Melt chocolate carefully in either a glass bowl set in boiling water, or a double boiler.
- Dip each banana piece into chocolate then roll over crushed nuts before setting back onto the tray.
- Return to freezer until they have set, then you can transfer them to a container so you can store them…. Unless there are none left to store!