I love having a delicious protein rich snack that I can take with me for long days, or just grab and munch on post workout. This easy to make protein bar recipe is not only vegan friendly (optional) it only requires 4 ingredients to make and absolutely no baking! It has no added sugar, yet has a naturally creamy sweet taste that I am sure you are going to LOVE!
- 200g quick oats
- 170g almond butter (or peanut butter is also yum!)
- 75g protein powder of your choice (there are vegan options available)
- 1/2 cup light coconut cream (or coconut milk works fine)
- If using coconut cream, whisk until smooth, then combine protein powder
- Add nut butter and oats, mixing with a spoon until it is all well combined.
- Prepare a large flat dish by lining it with baking paper, then spread mixture out into dish, flattening it with a spoon until it is even
- Allow to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is ideal)
- Slice into desired sized wedges (I suggest between 12-16) then store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.