Breakfast cups are the easiest thing to make, yet they look so fancy, your breakfast guest are always bound to be really impressed! This following recipe is gluten free and can be adapted to suit your own preferences!
Ingredients: (the quantity you require will depend on how many breakfast cups you are making, so I have made this recipe for 2 cups, and you can adjust it to suit your own requirements)
- 2 large, free-range eggs
- 2 strips of short cut bacon (fat removed), cut in half length ways to form two strips
- 2 button mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 large basil leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tsp. Low fat feta, crumbled
- Cracked pepper, rock salt
- Either a muffin tin or 2 individual ceramic baking cups
- Preheat your oven to 160C and prepare your muffin tin or baking cups by lightly spraying with olive oil.
- Line the inside of the cup with two strips of bacon, so that they form a casing and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Divide the tomato and mushrooms into each one and then crack an egg over this.
- Sprinkle basil, shallots and lastly the feta over the top and then bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the egg is set.
- Enjoy with a few slices of fresh avocado and some rocket. Yummo!