Looking for the ideal salad to take to your friends BBQ? Then this could be just the one for you. This healthy, low GI take on the traditional creamy potato salad uses cauliflower instead of potatoes, swaps out the mountains of cream and mayonnaise for Greek yogurt with spices and fresh herbs. So Yummy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized chunks
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. Rock salt
- Pepper to taste
- Steam the cauliflower for about 12 minutes, or until tender, then run under cold water before transferring to a large salad bowl.
- Add eggs, celery, onion, yogurt and fold together gently with a spoon so that it doesn’t break up too much.
- Add fresh herbs and spices and gently combine.
- Then enjoy!