This delicious frittata is excellent any time of the day. Packed full of protein and iron and so simple to make, you can enjoy it fresh or cook it ahead of time and have it in the fridge for when you need to grab a quick snack!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup low fat fetta
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots (greens and whites)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Rock salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200c and then heat up your oil over a medium heat, in a medium sized oven proof skillet.
- Add the onion with some salt and pepper and stir until softened.
- Add the spinach and shallots, stirring for 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the eggs and sprinkle in the feta, stirring until combined then allowing to cook until it starts to firm around the edges.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until completely set.
- Enjoy with a side salad, or just as is!