Just because I try to avoid eating gluten or grains in general, doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy wrapping my hands around a nice burger as much as the next person! It just means I have to be more creative with my choices! This Paleo friendly Portobello burger is a fantastic meal to cook on the BBQ with your friends, and they taste sooo good!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 2 large Portabello mushrooms, with the step removed
- 100g of lean chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced into rings
- Lettuce/greens of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Crushed rock salt
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Mixed herbs
- Combine 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, together in a bowl and add the chicken strips, mixing together and setting aside to marinade.
- Lightly paint the mushrooms with olive oil and a light seasoning of salt, then start to grill on a hot BBQ for between 5-7 minutes on each side. When cooked set aside on warming plate.
- BBQ the chicken and marinade, until cooked through and starting to glaze on the outside.
- Prepare the burgers by placing the bottom mushroom upside down on your place, adding the chicken, tomato, onion and greens, then placing the mushroom lid face down on top.
- Enjoy whilst warm!