Pilau makes the perfect accompaniment for your favourite curry, or as a side at your next BBQ with your favourite skewers. Normally made with rice, this recipe uses cauliflower instead, for a nutritious and grain free option. It is also free from added fats and contains delicious spices that offer numerous health benefits. Plus it is incredibly easy to make and can be whipped up in your microwave in a matter of minutes, so it is perfect for creating a nutritious meal without much warning.
- 1 medium cauliflower, all stems removed and cut into florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced finely
- 1 small celery stalk, trimmed and then diced finely
- 6 curry leaves
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp. Water
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. Rock salt
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and blend to the consistency of rice grains
- Combine all the ingredients into a microwaveable container and mix well, before covering and then cooking on high for 3 minutes
- Fluff out with a fork before serving.
* This particular recipe is quite basic and simple, however you can add in more veggies, tempeh, seafood or meats to create your own grain free main meal!