Boosting your metabolism so that you can have both the energy you desire and the ability to burn fat, can be achieved through adjusting the foods that you eat. I don’t mean just avoiding saturated fats, refined sugars and other highly processed foods, I mean by eating delicious and healthy meals that contain metabolism boosting ingredients! This spicy stir-fry is an Indian inspired dish that contains numerous fat burning ingredients!
- 450g lean chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 small (or 1 large) bunches of asparagus, with the woody ends removed. Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 small chilli, seeded and sliced finely (if you like HOT food, then keep the seeds in)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Fennel seeds
- 3/4 tsp. Rock salt, crushed
- Prepare the cumin and fennel seeds by heating them in a dry pan until they begin to smell fragrant, then remove them and grind them in a spice grinder (coffee grinder works too!)
- Mix the chicken with 1/2 of the seed mixture and 1/4 tsp. of salt, then heat 1/2 the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the remainder of the oil and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, stirring until softened (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add the asparagus and the remainder of the seed spice and toss over the heat for a further 2 minutes before adding the coconut milk and the remaining salt. Simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pan and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of coriander and enjoy! - It is also delicious with a dollop of Greek yogurt to help balance out that spice!