Making sure your body has the energy it needs to power through a workout is really important if you want to achieve results and avoid burning out. In order to give each workout 100%, you need to be properly fuelled.
Pre-workout supplements and shakes work for some people, but the truth is you can get all the nutrients you need by simply eating the right kinds of healthy snacks that you can prepare yourself. It is all about opting for the right types of foods.
Basically your body needs carbohydrates to fuel it, and protein to help build and repair the muscle fibers as you stress and tear them. So stocking up on good sources of these just half an hour prior to working out, will give you the energy you need to help you push yourself harder, and gain better results!
Try some of these awesome pre workout snack options:
- Celery, nut butter (almond or peanut butter are great!) and sultanas
- Cottage cheese and mixed berries
- Banana, Greek-style yogurt and oat smoothie
- Greek yogurt and blueberries
- Sugar snap peas and hummus
- Strawberries dipped in nut butter