Most people have their favourite TV shows that they just have to watch, or maybe the weather is stopping you from going from your usual jog. That doesn’t mean that you have to neglect your workout. You can still burn calories, tone your body and get those endorphins pumping, all from the comfort of your own living room!
Some tips to help motivate you?
- Try setting up a mini HIIT circuit in front of your TV,.
- Have the equipment you might need already set out in front of your tv, or within easy reach. For example an exercise mat, some dumbbells, or a resistance band.
- See how many burpees you can get done in the ad breaks. Try and beat it next time!
- Try holding a plank for the entire ad break!
- See if you can extend your workout for the entire length of the show! (good luck if it is a long show!)
- Make it fun… Is there a regular occurrence in your show? (kissing/arguments/drinking/a particular catchphrase) try doing 10 push ups each time it happens!
Try one, or all three groups of 5 exercise that target specific areas, whilst next watching your favourite show!
Bums & Thighs:
- Front lunge
- Side lunge
- Donkey Kick
- Hip Bridge
- Russian twist
- In-out teaser
- Heel taps
- Side plank
- Bicycle crunch
Shoulders and arms:
- Reverse bridge dips
- High side planks (with reach around)
- Bicep curls
- Tricep dips