Looking for a fresh, delicious breakfast idea that will pump you full of energy for your busy day ahead? This gluten free breakfast provides you with all the key nutrients you need to get you up and going, plus it is so easy to make!
I have made some fruit suggestions here; however you can tailor the recipe to suit your own tastes and even substitute the Greek-style yogurt for a dairy free option if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Honey (or tsp stevia liquid)
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed almonds
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp. Reduced fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup fruit salad
- Prepare quinoa as per the instructions on the packet, using the salt and the water.
- Fluff it out with a fork, once it has been cooked and set aside and allow to cool.
- Combine lemon, honey and mint in a bowl, whisking to combine and set aside.
- Prepare your fruits by washing and cutting into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the fruit salad with the quinoa, and then sprinkle almonds over the top.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and serve with a dollop of Greek-style yogurt. Enjoy!