Looking for a delicious new breakfast idea that your Paleo friends will LOVE? Try this delicious avocado and baked eggs recipe. It is so easy to make and packed full of protein and other nutrients that you need to help you start your day off on the right foot!
- 1 ripe, yet firm avocado
- 2 eggs
- Handful of rocket
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkling of fresh parsley and chives
- Preheat your oven to 220c
- Slice your avocado lengthwise and remove the seed, then scoop out an extra spoonful from each half (putting the extra avocado into a separate bowl), so that there is enough room for the eggs to sit snugly in the centre.
- Using a small baking dish, or I find a muffin tin works well, position the avocado halves so that they are well balanced and won’t move about.
- Crack an egg into each half of your avocado, positioning it so that the egg yolk sits in the centre hole and the white is able to spread over the avocado
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg white has properly set.
- Meanwhile prepare your plate with rocket, cherry tomatoes and the remaining avocado. Then place the baked avocados on your plate and sprinkle with fresh herbs.