Looking for a lush dessert snack you can offer around with a glass of bubbles or even box up and give as a gift? These assorted dipped strawberries are absolutely heavenly and are surprisingly healthy too!
What you will need:
- A punnet of strawberries (or two, or three!), preferably ripe and unbruised.
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (flavoured is fine if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. Honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 bar dark chocolate (100-300gm depending on how many strawberries you use!)
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp. crushed hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Almond flakes (you can use any type of nuts you like, however almonds and hazelnuts work really well!)
How to create your Masterpiece:
- Organise some space in your freezer and a tray that can fit in it, and then line the tray with some greaseproof paper.
- Set three bowls up with the coconut, the hazelnut and the almonds, so that you can easily dip/roll your strawberries in when needed.
- Melt your chocolate, either in the microwave or using a pan above boiling water, and once melted dip half the strawberries in chocolate and then roll some in each of the different toppings (e.g. some in coconut, some in almond and some in hazelnut). You might even like to keep some just chocolate!
- Lay them our onto the tray so that they are not touching each other.
- Then mix the yogurt with the honey and cinnamon in a bowl and dip the remaining strawberries in there, using the same method as with the chocolate covered ones.
- Set the tray into the freezer and leave for 10-15 minutes until set.
- Once set, arrange on a platter and prepare to wow your guests!