This delicious baked sweet potato skin recipe is so easy to make. It makes a delicious meal for guests, or can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for an easy pre workout meal that will provide you with both the protein and energy that you need to keep you powering through!
- 1 sweet potato
- 100 gm. lean chicken mince
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180c and prepare your sweet potato by poking some holes in it using a fork. Place on a baking tray and bake for about an hour or until tender.
- Once cooked, cut in half length ways and scoop out some of the insides and set aside in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Heat your oil in a frypan and add chicken mince and garlic, using a spoon to break it up and cook it through evenly.
- Once it starts to change colour, add the spices and mashed sweet potato and continue to stir until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add mozzarella, stirring through then scoop mixture into the sweet potato skins.
- Serve with your favourite salad.