Having a strong and sexy back not only looks and feels great, it will also help support your core and all the major movements your body does! It doesn’t matter if you are lifting heavy objects, climbing something, going for a jog or simply sitting upright, your back plays an important role in these movements. Often people spend large portions of their resistance training focusing on their abs, however your back is an important part of your ‘core’ and needs to be kept strong, especially when you are focusing on your abs, so that you have balanced strength throughout your whole core.
So whether you go to a gym to workout, or you are working out from home, it is important to give some focus to our backs when we are planning our weekly workout routines.
At home back workout: Try completing 4 sets and allowing for 60 seconds of rest between each set.
- Superman - 60 seconds
- Bridge - Moving through the two stages of the exercise in a controlled manner for 60 seconds
- Plank - Hold for 60 seconds
- Swimmer kicks - 60 seconds
- Plank to pike - Moving through the two stages of the exercise in a controlled manner for 60 seconds
Gym back workout: Try completing 4 sets and allowing for 60 seconds of rest between each set.
- Lat - pull downs x 12
- Bent over rows x 12 on each side
- Seated rows x 12
- Pull ups (assisted is fine) x 12
- Barbell deadlifts