This delicious gluten free muffin recipe is packed full of fibre and protein which are just what you need to kick start your metabolism first thing in the morning, or to give you that extra energy hit at any time throughout the day!
- 1 cup of oatmeal (check for GF)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 scoops vanilla/ plain whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. Orange zest (lemon is also fine)
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 180c, and then prepare your (12) muffin tin with liners and lightly spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, applesauce, honey, mashed banana and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (oatmeal, almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda) with the orange zest and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, stirring it in until they are both well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup, filling about halfway, and making sure it is evenly distributed between them all.
- Then poke in about 8 blueberries down into the batter of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. They will still be a little moist when cooked, but this is how you want them!
- Enjoy one as soon as it is cool enough to eat and store the remainder in the fridge!