Both cauliflower and asparagus are two of my favourite vegetables. Not only because they are delicious and leave me feeling satisfied without overloading me with empty calories, but also because they are both so nutrient dense. The combination of the two gives you a healthy hit of vitamin C, K, B2, B6 and many other essential nutrients.
Combine them both together in this delicious creamy vegan soup and you find a match made in heaven!
- 3 cups vegetable broth (other broths work fine, depending on your preference)
- 1 small cauliflower head,
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed and cut into pieces.
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Handful of fresh herbs, chopped (parsley works well!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over a medium heat, and cook the onion until it starts to turn translucent (about 3 minutes) then add the garlic and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth to the pot and mix well, bringing to the boil
- Add the cauliflower and asparagus, mixing together before adding the lid, turning the heat down and allowing to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Check to make sure the cauliflower has softened and then use a bar-mix or blender to puree your soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh herbs and enjoy!