Fancy trying something new to celebrate your Sunday morning with, or just for a delicious treat? Then have a go at these gluten free choc-almond pancakes. They are so delicious and surprisingly low in calories!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tbsp. Maple syrup or honey
- 50 gm dark cacao chocolate, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Olive oil spray for cooking with
- Combine to coconut flour, coconut, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, maple syrup and half of the almond milk, whisking until well combined. If you need to add more almond milk so that you form a thick batter consistency, then do. You will notice that the batter may become thicker as you start to use it up, so you can add more later on if needed.
- Stir in the chocolate and the almond flakes.
- Heat your non-stick fry-pan over a medium heat and lightly spray with oil. Use a ladle to pour a small portion into the centre of the pan and then tilt the pan from side to side so that the batter spreads out into a larger circle. Cook until the bottom turns golden brown then flip over and cook on the opposite side.
- Set aside on a plate and continue until all the batter has been used up.
- Serve with some fresh fruit and crushed nuts.