This delicious Moroccan style dish, is packed full of protein and can be wiped up in under half an hour. Have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner either on your own, or impress your guests!
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, drained
- 4-6 eggs
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tsp. Moroccan seasoning
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200c and then prepare an ovenproof fry-pan by lightly spraying it in olive oil and placing it over a medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, zucchini and capsicum to the pan and stir over the heat until the vegetables start to soften.
- Sprinkle the Moroccan seasoning over the veggies and stir until well combined.
- Add lentils and tomatoes to the mixture and then pour in the water, stirring until well combined. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until it starts to simmer.
- Make 4-6 indents in the mixture, for your eggs and then crack the eggs carefully into them.
- Remove the pan off the stove and into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or so, until the yolks are to your liking, then sprinkle with coriander and serve.