Are you looking for a new breakfast idea that is still healthy and packed full of all the nutrients you need to get you ready for your day? Well this scrummy oats based breakfast is both easy to prepare and tastes like you are eating dessert! Make it up the night before so you don’t have to fuss in the morning, and enjoy this refreshing breakfast, either cool from the fridge, or heated in the microwave.
- 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (you can substitute soy or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 Tbsp. Sultanas
- 2 Tbsp. Flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. Walnuts, whole
- 1 Tbsp. Walnuts, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the vanilla extract, maple syrup, milk, and yogurt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl then make a well in the centre and pour the liquid ingredients in. Folding the dry into the wet until well combined.
- I like to pour potion sizes into jam jars, with lids; however you can just cover then put in the fridge overnight ready for breakfast the next day.
- Serve with some grated carrot, a few extra sultanas and if you like your oats more moist, add a little extra milk!