These grain free savoury muffins are a wonderful snack to have available for when you are craving some real sustenance. They are packed full of protein and other essential nutrients, plus they taste amazing! Heat them up and enjoy them with soup or salad, or enjoy them straight from the fridge. With the option of adjusting the added ingredients to suit your own tastes buds preferences, these yummy muffins are bound to be a new favourite!
- 6 free range eggs
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup light feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (other milks will work fine)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c, and prepare a 12 muffin tin by lightly spraying with oil.
- Beat the eggs until they start to whip and increase in size (you can do this in a blender), then pour into a large mixing bowl and add the coconut flour, arrowroot starch, coconut milk, coconut oil, baking powder, baking soda, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir well until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the, feta, zucchini, spinach, garlic, onion, and chives, mixing well. Then add to the batter, again stirring until well combined.
- Scoop out into muffin tin then bake for 35-40 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure they are cooked through.
- Cool on a cooling rack and either serve or store in fridge.