This savoury and sweet cheese is so packed with flavour, it is bound to be a favourite on your cheese platter, whether you are a dairy eater or not!
- 1 & 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Dried cranberries, (soaked with the cashews)
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Drain the cashews and the cranberries, rinsing them and then patting them dry.
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender, or processor, and continue to blitz until it forms a paste. You may need to continue to scrape down the sides and if necessary you can spoon in some water, just enough so that the mixture can properly combine. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a container, then cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Remove mixture and using clean, damp hands, shape cheese into desired shape.
- Either serve, or re-wrap and keep stored in the fridge.