Tabbouleh is delicious Middle Eastern salad that is not only gluten free and vegan friendly, it is also an excellent source of Iron, vitamin C, protein and many other essential nutrients. It makes a fantastic companion to a falafel roll, but it is also delicious on its own or as a side salad for an enjoyable BBQ.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced finely
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin tastes best)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Rock salt
- Whisk lemon juice with the minced garlic and salt in a bowl, slowly adding the olive oil to form the dressing.
- Add 1/4 of the dressing to the quinoa in a large salad bowl and combine.
- Then add the tomatoes, cucumber, purple onion, fresh herbs and the remaining dressing to the bowl and toss together until well combined.
- Enjoy as a side salad or on a sandwich or rap.