Looking for a delicious evening meal that will give you all the protein you might need, without too much carbs? This gluten free lasagne is so simple to make, plus it tastes amazing!
- 3 Large zucchinis, cut into long flat strips lengthways (for layering)
- 500g lean mince beef
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, finely chopped (parsley and/or basil work well!)
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 glass of red wine (optional)
- 150g light sour cream
- 150g low fat mozzarella
- 50ml milk
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil, carrot. Cook for a minute before adding the onion and garlic, then remove from the heat once the onion begins to go transparent.
- Add the mince, breaking it up, so that it cooks through.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, and mixed herbs and continue to cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes so that the sauce thickens, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg and then add the sour cream, milk, nutmeg, flour and ¾ of the mozzarella. Stir until well combined and then set aside.
- Prepare your lasagne dish by lightly spraying it with olive oil, then arrange one layer of zucchini across the bottom of the dish.
- Cover this with half the tomato mixture, then half the white sauce, then repeat: another layer of zucchini, tomato and white sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on the top and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the cheese starts to go golden.
- Serve hot or cold with your favorite salad!