So you have been out and about, enjoying yourself and you wake up the next day feeling… A little less than 100%. You know you need some breakfast to get you up and going, but don’t have the energy required to cook yourself a feast. Why not try this delicious and nutritious ‘recovery smoothie’. It not only contains all the nutrients you need to replenish your body, it also has a nice and healthy caffeine kick to get you up and going!
Here is what you need and why it will help!
- 1 cup coconut water - Packed full of electrolytes.
- 1 small banana - Potassium will help soothe your stomach.
- 1/2 cup strong green tea, chilled - Caffeine to help boost your mood and energy levels.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt - Probiotics help balance your digestive system.
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen kale (or spinach) - Helps you detox and aids in alkalinity.
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen blueberries - Powerful antioxidants to help replenish your body.
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil - Supports brain function as well as balancing your body’s glucose levels.
- 3 ice cubes - Rehydration.
- A dash of honey and cinnamon to taste - Both have medicinal properties as well as being excellent mood elevators.
Bring it all together
The best thing about this breakfast? It requires very little thought or effort. Simply add all the ingredients together in a blender and mix until well combined.
Enjoy and feel better!