Turmeric is an incredibly powerful antioxidant, with amazing anti-inflammatory properties and has been used medicinally for thousands of years. This delicious and wholesome cauliflower stew combines turmeric with ginger and coconut to give a delicious Asian taste that I just love!
What you need:
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bit sized bits
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 & 1/2 cups unsweetened, coconut milk
- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 1 jalapeno, chopped finely (optional for the ‘hot’ lovers!)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped coriander
- 2 tsp. Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
* Wanting an extra protein kick? Add Chicken breast or tempeh to the stew right at the end, making sure the chicken is cooked through before serving.
Bringing it all together:
- Heat the coconut oil in a stock pot/medium saucepan, over a medium heat then add the cumin seeds and stir.
- Add the onion, cooking for a minute or so until they start to clear, then add the tomatoes. Continue to stir until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Then combine the remaining ingredients into the pot, covering with a lid and allow it to simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep it from burning. (add chicken or tempeh after 10 minutes if you are going for an extra protein kick)
- Ladle some out into your favourite soup bowl and enjoy!