Looking for a delicious snack that satisfies like something greasy, yet is actually very nutritious and healthy? Look no further! These healthy veggie nuggets are very quick and easy to make and will be a hit at any hosting event (or just for munching on yourself!)
What you need:
*Firstly you will need a processor for this recipe, as it really helps to pulp up the ingredients making it easy to both shape them and cook them. This recipe makes between 40-50 nuggets.
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into manageable pieces
- 1 broccoli, stalk removed and broken into manageable florets
- 1/2 cauliflower, in manageable pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs (I use gluten free ones)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Rock salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
Bringing it all together:
- Preheat your oven to 200 c and prepare a large baking tray with parchment.
- Combine the carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, egg and spices into your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Separate ¼ cup of the bread crumbs and set aside in a small flat dish, adding the remaining bread crumbs to the vegetable mixture and blending again.
- Scoop out large spoons of mixture and shape each into your desired flat nugget shape.
- Place each nugget in the plain bread crumbs, turning over and patting down so they are well covered. Then arrange on the baking tray ready for cooking.
- Cook the nuggets for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Serve with a delicious chutney, some low fat tzatziki or your favourite dipping sauce. Enjoy!