If you’ve never heard of kombucha before, then you haven’t been venturing into many hipster cafes of late. Seriously though, it is actually quite an amazing drink. Made from a type of fermented tea, kombucha is packed full of probiotics that support your digestive system and help prevent unpleasant upsets such as bloating, pain and discomfort. The problem is that kombucha has a fairly distinct taste, some people love it, and others… Well let’s just say it isn’t every one’s cup of tea (pun intended!).
Whether or not you are a fan of its taste, you really don’t want to miss out on the amazing antioxidant and probiotic benefits of this awesome drink, so I found this delicious smoothie recipe that uses coconut, blueberries and kombucha… It doesn’t actually taste anything like Kombucha itself, yet it provides all of its digestive goodness!
- 1 cup kombucha (you can either make it yourself or buy it)
- 2/3 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 ripe avocado (optional, however it makes it creamier and delicious!)
- 1 Tbsp. Flaxseed
- 1/2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Coconut oil
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender, or food processor and blend for 30-60 seconds until well combined.
- Serve in your favourite glass, and enjoy!