Ever heard anyone refer to a salad as being ‘rabbit food’ or ‘not a proper meal’? Well I happen to LOVE a good salad! Especially when it combines some of all three essential nutrients; protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats. So I thought I would share with you this delicious gluten free salad recipe that provides you with everything a healthy balanced meal should!
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 5-10 green beans, cut into bite sized pieces then lightly steamed
- 1 boiled egg, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 a capsicum (I use yellow for colour and flavour) chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 an avocado, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Slivered almonds
- Handful of mixed lettuce leaves
For the dressing (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Honey
- Pinch of salt
- Firstly combine dressing together in a bowl using a fork or whisk.
- Combine the lettuce, tomato, capsicum, beans, avocado in a bowl.
- Layer the egg over the top and then sprinkle over the almonds.
- Drizzle your dressing over and then enjoy!