Want a little extra lift in your cheeks? Here are 5 brilliant exercises that focus in on your glutes and will help you carve a sexy, perky posterior!
- Stand with your feet parallel and hip distance apart
- Keeping your legs straight and your back straight and aligned with your neck, hinge your hips while reaching arms down towards floor (you can be gripping weights/barbell).
- Pause briefly before returning to starting positions by squeezing through your glutes
- Start from table top/ hands and knees position and engage through your abs.
- Reach right leg up and behind you with your knee bent, continue to squeeze through your glutes and push up and back with your heel as far as possible without arching your back.
- Return to starting position the continue for set reps before switching over to complete the same number of reps on the left side.
- Lay on your back with your hands stretched out by your side and your knees bent. Bring your knees close in towards your butt so that your feet are aligned with your knees.
- Keep your weight in your heels and squeeze through your glutes as you push your hips up to bring your body aligned from your knees to your shoulders.
- Hold this position keeping your glutes tensed.
- Slowly lower down into starting position before repeating.
- Lie on your stomach, with your forehead resting on your crossed arms.
- Engage your legs and stretch out through the tips of your toes.
- Squeeze through your glutes as you lift both legs up off the floor.
- Then lift one slightly higher as you slightly lower the other and then switch. Keeping the movement flowing… Like swimming!
Plank - Heel lifts
- Start from a high plank position, with arms extended and aligned with your shoulders.
- Engage your glutes and lift one leg up, reaching upwards as high as you can with that heel.
- Hold for a moment, keeping your core engaged, then slowly lowering down and repeating on the opposite side.